Freedom Creations
Welcome to Freedom Creations!
Freedom Creations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Illinois Story! 2v2edT6eNxfdueS
    img src="https:image1url1" />
    img src="https:image2url1" />
    img src="https:image3url1" />

Illinois Story!

Go down

Illinois Story! Empty Illinois Story!

Post by Corina Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:21 am

01-Rt. 66- Illinois Story

Clean house and pack those bell-bottom jeans with all the patches, your tank tops and rose-colored glasses.  
    We're going to get our groove on, tight budget or not, and cross this trip off our bucket list!!  CALIFORNIA OR BUST BABY!
    Everyone has a one-way ticket to Illinois so be ready and fly right.  
    We're meeting at Bunnie's hare, I mean hair, salon at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago.  Bunnie said she can give us a quick tour of Chicago to get the full flavor of the place before we pick up our cars.  So lets get hoppin' to our planes!
    Chicago is getting bigger and bigger as we descend to the airport.  WOW what a beautiful site to see as we pass through those clouds.
    Oh hey, there's Donna with Bunnie at that terminal... well it's not the terminal the plane is going to but we'll catch up with them.
    Corina, you left one of your bags on the luggage carousel.. OMGosh there goes Kathyfrances hanging on to her bag and going back around the baggage carousel again .. hurry, grab her feet and PULL!  OH OH.. there she goes... Hallelujah!  She made it back around with only a few bruises from all the new luggage thrown on top of her, but Boop and Poolie will drag her off of there.  Come on ladies... time for dreadlock and corn braid hairdos topped off with a Cubs ball cap from Bunnie, on the house!  I watch as we all greet, take pics of our new hair styles and give our thanks and good-byes to Bunnie.

Welcome to the SHOW ME state gorgeous ladies, Donna yelled after finally finding us.
    Now that we are ready for the open road and is time to take the Hare Ball Tram to the Cubs ball field. 

Illinois Story! Wriggl10

Who wants to smack some balls with a vintage Slugger bat?  That old Wriggley Stadium is so iconic!  The stories that were told there would be a great read on our travels.  Whew... that was a nice warmup after a cramped airplane ride and a long drive ahead of us.

Due to budget restraints, Donna has set us up with an inexpensive car lot to be able to choose all the vehicles we need to rent for our trip to CALI.  We're here so pick out the car you want to drive to Californeee-i-a!  Sign them out and fill them up.  
    Now that I have a chance to read the paperwork for the cars, I notice on the rental agreements that there is no guarantee on these vehicles so you may want to consider getting supplies or AAA before taking off.  

Illinois Story! Animatedcarimage0125-vi

Be sure to get lots of cash (gems) as there may be many groovy souvenirs along the way and no banks or ATMs along this route as backup! OFF WE GOOOO!

We'll take a left and meet up caravan style round the big ketchup bottle.  I read that if you drive around the big ketchup bottle 57 times it's good luck.  So let's DO IT!  
    Illinois Story! Ketchu10

What happened to Patricia?  You mean she turned right instead of left and ended up at the Rt. 66 Raceway?  

Illinois Story! Racewa10

Call her and help her get back on track and tell her to stop fraternizing with those race car drivers.  Yes, I saw those pictures she posted on Facebook!  We're losing daylight and need to get to the St. Louis - Gateway Arch that overlooks the Mississippi River before the sun goes down.
    HOP TO IT ladies!

Corina
    Admin
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum